Olink Target 48 Cytokine
The high-performance solution for inflammation studies, with absolute or relative quantification
Why choose Olink Target 48 Cytokine for your inflammation-related studies?
Olink® Target 48 Cytokine is the ultimate solution for cytokine studies and inflammation-related diseases. The thorough selection of biomarkers ensures that the most important proteins covering key pathways related to cytokine signaling and inflammatory processes are well covered. Inflammation is of central importance for biomedical research and is now believed to be a key underlying factor for the pathophysiology of a wide range of diseases, such as:
- Autoimmune diseases (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, IBS, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Neurological diseases or neuro inflammation (e.g. Alzheimer’s)
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Asthma and respiratory diseases, obesity, diabetes, psoriasis, etc
- Infectious diseases such as COVID-19
Olink Target 48 Cytokine enables analysis of 45 carefully selected proteins across 40 samples simultaneously from just 1 µL sample. In comparison to other products for multiple cytokine analysis, this panels offers superior sensitivity, specificity and dynamic range.
- Designed for inflammation studies, with 45 carefully selected assays with the highest relevance for studies of inflammatory diseases, or for investigation of the inflammatory processes that underly many diseases
- Absolute quantification in standard concentration units (pg/mL) via provision of calibrators for each assay (first time this is available in a standard Olink panel)
- Flexible result generation, with relative quantification in Normalized Proten eXpression (NPX) units also available, as for other Olink panels
- Maintains the exceptional performance and data quality of Olink Target 96 panels with qPCR readout (specificity, precision, dynamic range and low sample consumption).
Protein assays included
The panel is mostly comprised of assays for proteins that are included in our highly successful Olink Target 96 panels, but includes one new assay to the Olink portfolio, Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (CSF2) – Uniprot ID P04141. A total of 35 of the 45 targets in Olink Target 48 Cytokine are proteins that are also included in our widely used Olink® Target 96 Inflammation panel, which has been cited in more than 150 peer-reviewed publications.
Download the complete protein list for the panel HERE
An overview of how the 45 biomarker assays in the panel are classified according to Biological Process, Disease Area, Tissue Expression and Protein Class (based on widely used public-access bioinformatic databases, including Uniprot, Human Protein Atlas, Gene Ontology (GO) and DisGeNET) can be seen in the charts below. These charts are interactive: click on a chart-bar or pie-segment to see the list of biomarkers in that classification. Each item in the list links to the detailed biomarker page with validation data. Please note that these classifications are intended for general guidance only and while correct at the time of publication, they are not updated in real-time and you are advised to always check the source databases in order to see the latest updates regarding the information for specific proteins.
A comprehensive list of all protein biomarkers that can be measured using the currently available Olink panels can be seen on the biomarker library page.
Note: A printable list of the biomarker assays available in this panel and any other associated documents can be downloaded from our Document download center >>
Olink Target 48 Cytokine is currently available via our Analysis Service and will also be available to purchase as a kit in November.
For customers who wish to analyze more inflammatory proteins in broader discovery studies, we recommend Olink Target 96 Inflammation (96 proteins with qPCR readout) or Olink® Explore 1536 (1536 proteins with NGS readout).
The biomarker pages linked to below include calibrator curves that show the performance of each assay and the estimated sensitivity and dynamic range parameters indicated. These curves are generated during the assay validation process using recombinant antigens, with data presented as Normalized Protein eXpression (NPX) values plotted against protein concentration (in pg/mL). Please note that when analyzing biological samples the in vitro-generated curves presented here cannot be used to derive protein concentrations in pg/mL from the NPX values obtained. Olink Target 48 Cytokine delivers absolute protein concentrations directly using the calibrator system built into the system. For more information about NPX measurements, please view the FAQ.